In the moving industry, summer is the busiest season. Most people would rather move during the summer since the kids are out of school and the weather is favorable to travel. Moving, however, involves packing up your life, arranging schedules and strenuous labor in the heat. Here are some tips to make your summer move in the […]
Houston Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of piano movers in Houston is between $300 and $600. It’s important to note that several factors influence the final price of a piano move, including:
- The type of piano — No matter what kind of piano you need to move, the professionals in the Cheap Movers Houston network can get the job done. Larger pianos, including baby grand and grand pianos, require more care and specialized equipment to be moved safely. You can expect these types of pianos to cost an extra $100-$150 to move.
- Age of the piano — The older the piano, the more care and effort it takes to move it safely. Vintage or antique pianos usually require special equipment and crating, so these piano moves will also come with a higher price tag.
- Stairs — Many moving companies will charge an extra fee to move pianos up or down the stairs. Always ask about any hidden costs, including fees for stairs, before choosing a moving company.
- Required services — The best moving companies will offer add-on services to make your piano move more straightforward, such as disassembly, climate-controlled storage, and special crating. Depending on your needs, inquire as to the availability and prices of these services before your move.
- The distance of move — As with all relocations, the farther you’re going, the higher the price. While local Houston moves will often come with a much lower price tag, interstate or cross-country moves can cost significantly more. Note that local movers usually charge by the hour, while long-distance movers often charge by weight or distance in miles.