Pianos are often one of the most valuable and fragile items in a home. Their large size, weight, and delicate components require an extra level of care during a move, whether it’s across the street or the country. Don’t take a chance on subpar moving companies or moving your piano yourself. Professional movers have the experience, equipment, and expertise needed to move your upright or grand piano safely and efficiently. Take the stress out of your piano move by contacting Cheap Movers Houston. You’ll gain access to a network of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can move any size piano anywhere.
Houston Piano Movers Cost
The average cost of piano movers in Houston is between $300 and $600. It’s important to note that several factors influence the final price of a piano move, including:
- The type of piano — No matter what kind of piano you need to move, the professionals in the Cheap Movers Houston network can get the job done. Larger pianos, including baby grand and grand pianos, require more care and specialized equipment to be moved safely. You can expect these types of pianos to cost an extra $100-$150 to move.
- Age of the piano — The older the piano, the more care and effort it takes to move it safely. Vintage or antique pianos usually require special equipment and crating, so these piano moves will also come with a higher price tag.
- Stairs— Many moving companies will charge an extra fee to move pianos up or down the stairs. Always ask about any hidden costs, including fees for stairs, before choosing a moving company.
- Required services — The best moving companies will offer add-on services to make your piano move more straightforward, such as disassembly, climate-controlled storage, and special crating. Depending on your needs, inquire as to the availability and prices of these services before your move.
- The distance of move — As with all relocations, the farther you’re going, the higher the price. While local Houston moves will often come with a much lower price tag, interstate or cross-country moves can cost significantly more. Note that local movers usually charge by the hour, while long-distance movers often charge by weight or distance in miles.
Piano Moving Services In Houston
Moving the rest of your belongings is already tricky, but pianos are undoubtedly one of the most challenging items to move. Pianos are both highly valuable and highly fragile. Their cumbersome shape and weight make them prone to damage. As a result, it’s a good idea to hire professionals to take care of the move. The Cheap Movers Houston network of moving companies has years of experience and specialized equipment that make this difficult task a breeze.
Sometimes, the safest way to move a piano is to disassemble it before the move. This is especially true for large piano types, such as grands and baby grands. Professional movers know exactly how to safely disassemble pianos and carefully wrap and protect each piece for transport.
Special Piano Moving Equipment
Many pianos can weigh over 1,000 pounds. Cheap Movers Houston piano moving companies have professional equipment, such as specialized piano dollies that can easily lift and transport pianos while protecting their delicate inner components.
If you need to store your piano for some time during your move, you’ll need a clean, secure, and climate-controlled warehouse to hold it. Cheap Movers Houston has access to a vast network of moving companies that also have secure storage facilities. By moving and storing your piano with the same company, you can reduce costs and streamline your moving process.
Local Piano Moving
Even if you’re moving your piano locally in the Houston, TX, area, the complicated logistics and cumbersome process of moving a piano are still better left to the professionals. Cheap Movers Houston can help you find a Texas moving company that will relocate your piano safely in just a few hours.
Long Distance Piano Moving
It’s especially important to find a trustworthy moving company when you’re moving your piano long-distance, whether it be to a neighboring state or across the country. Experienced and reliable long-distance moving companies will securely pack your piano and transport it anywhere you need with no risk of negligent damage or losing your belongings in transit.
Once you arrive at your destination with your piano, you’ll need to reassemble it in its new home. Don’t take the risk of improper reassembly. Instead, hire a professional Houston piano mover who knows precisely how to reattach pedals, legs, and other parts, so you can get back to enjoying your piano exactly as it was before.